All 15 art Reviews

Amete misses you Amete misses you

Excellent posture!

Have you considered inking your work after you've got the finished pencil lines? I can imagine it would look just amazing! :D

knuxrouge responds:

I used to do that.
I remember my biggest fear being fucking it up.

Angel Angel

I don't think I have anything to add...

...that hasn't already been covered by others. She looks marvelous - great body language and posture, and I love the way her wings fall alongside her - it's like a cape of feathers. :3

Acrylic Sunset Acrylic Sunset

Ooh!

This is so pretty! The colors are really nice - fabulous contrast with the warm and cool colors. I also really like the placement of everything and the way it draws the eye around and right into the middle. The brush strokes give everything a really nice overall texture, yet each object also has it's own texture. Absolutely lovely - I wish I could paint like this. :3

sbigmang23 responds:

Thank you so much for the great review!

The Moogle Returns The Moogle Returns

If only my moogle looked like this...

...Instead of the dopey little doughboy-thing that's in my Mog House right now. :P (Final Fantasy XI online lets you have your own "Mog House" that's tended to by a rather annoying moogle XD). She seems far more pleasant. :3

Her eyes look like pretty blue pearls! :D

Linda at the Beach Linda at the Beach

Aha!

Now this picture I'm guessing came later than the little gray squirrel girl. I can see you've done a nice job with the line weights, and the background is subtle and lovely. Again, the hair looks great! :3

The only thing I noticed was that the arms seem slightly short (something I've had issues with in my art as well). What I've done for myself (being a woman, I used myself as a reference) was I made a sketch with lateral lines crossing the body at various points showing how areas of the body line up with one another. What I always make sure to check for is where the elbows, wrist, and very tip of the hands are. When standing up straight, the elbows fall an inch or so short of lining up with the bellybutton, the wrist lines up with the bottom of the torso (or the bottom of a bikini, if that helps) and the tips of the fingers are about 3-4 inches from the top of the knee.

What's funny is more than once I've had to go in Photoshop and resize the arms on a picture. XD

Anyhow, I suppose I forget the fact that she's not a human, and despite being anthropomorphic, she is still a fox, and they do have shorter forelegs. ;P

Besides, I actually didn't notice the arms at first, and it's actually not as much of a deal here as it is when I draw, but then I usually exaggerate proportions in people, so I screw arms and legs up a LOT. XP

But yeah....not trying to be an art nazi - just thought that well, this IS an art forum where people are allowed to exchange ideas and whatnot, and I know I appreciate constructive criticism (only because of the feedback I've gotten in the past have I been able to be mindful of these things when I draw).

Overall, though, she looks great. Lovely little figure on her. :3

TerdBurgler responds:

Actually, this came LONG before the gray squirrel girl. This particular piece, I drew by hand and obviously spent a lot more time on. The squirrel girl was drawn in an openCanvas session with friends and took just over an hour.

Linda has always had shorter arms and longer legs though. More than just being a fox, it was just her body-type (not everyone has the same length of arms).

alien alien

Interesting critter!

He would probably look a whole lot better if he were scanned instead of photographed. It would eliminate any unwanted shadows and paper wrinkles, and probably make the image look crisper and clearer.

I really like his design, though. Call me weird, but in an odd way, he's kind of a cute lil' feller. XD For some reason, I imagine him saying "Meep." Also, you've added good weight to the lines where it needs to be, making his features pop.

Also, unless you were just going with what was on hand, you could experiment with trying something along with the markers (like pastels, watercolor, or colored pencil) to fill in more of the white areas and add a little depth and texture. :3

leo5600 responds:

i didnt really put that much work into this, cuz its just a doodle i made in school. but glad you liked it :)

Elvis Elvis

Definitely doesn't need improvement! :D

That's CHARCOAL??? Holy cats! The one thing I've always envied is artists who can excel in these mediums. The blending looks absolutely marvelous! I can ink my line arts and photoshop color in them all I want, but I have zero skill when it comes to working with traditional mediums (and believe me, I've tried! XD), so this really blows me away, because it's just so smooth! Anyone can learn to color with a computer, but it takes real talent to work with that which is tangible, and can't be fixed with the click of a mouse button. Bravo! :D

House of Despair 2 House of Despair 2

Ooh, I like it!

The choice of colors makes it sinister, despite the predominantly innocent nature of the image itself. Excellent pixel shading - really superb!

Bollocks! Bollocks!

I beg to disagree, sir!

I happen to quite like it! Although I certainly wouldn't want to run into that guy in a dark alley. XD I especially like the texture brushes applied over the top of it - gives it an aged look that makes it seem as though it was part of an illustration from decades past. Besides, nothing "sucks" when it has it's own unique style. :3

Robor Robor

ADORE this style!

I wish I could do things like this, where they are loose, and yet beautifully well-defined. I'm such a stickler with my work that everything ends up looking flat and stiff, but your work is brimming with life, even if it's a still image like this one. Plus, I can't tell if it's done digitally, or painted by hand. It reminds me of the paintings by Ashley Wood, and that's a very good comparison. ;3